Physiatrists are nerve, muscle and bone experts who treat injuries or illnesses that affect a patient’s movement. They develop comprehensive programs to help patients regain their health, that include:
- Diagnosing and treating pain
- Restoring maximum function lost through injury, illness or disabling conditions
- Treating the whole person, not just one problem area
- Leading a team of medical professionals
- Providing non-surgical treatments
- Explaining the patient’s medical problems and treatment/prevention plan
For more information, call Outpatient Scheduling at 785-688-4425 or ask your primary care physician.