Rooks County Health Center’s offers a full-service lab with state-of-the-art instrumentation. Providing a broad, in-house menu for routine and stat testing, patient samples are automatically sent from instrument to computer via analyzer interfaces.
Our lab strives to provide a high quality of care to patients in obtaining specimens, giving accurate test results and meeting their needs. Enabling everyday people to stay healthy by monitoring their health, RCH ensures timely test results that help diagnose and treat diseases.
Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendment (CLIA) certified. Our lab is inspected for compliance every two years by Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
The types of services our laboratory provides include a wide variety of diagnostic and screening tests to aid in patient evaluation, assessment and treatment. These areas include:
- Blood Bank
- DOT & Non-DOT Drug Screen Collections
- Therapeutic Drug Monitoring
Monitor your own health with affordable, direct access lab tests from Rooks County Health Center. Confidential, no doctor’s order required and results direct to you. Convenient, no appointment necessary, walk-ins welcome. Test results available the same day, often within an hour. Visit with an RCH lab technologist to consider which test(s) best serves your needs.Click here to learn more.
Patient Care Services
RCH’s lab staff routinely cares for all ages from pediatric to geriatric including inpatients, out-patients, emergency room patients and referrals from out of town doctors.
RCH’s laboratory staff consists of the following:
- A consulting board certified pathologist, who reviews all Blood Banking records
- A Laboratory Director, who is a board certified Medical Doctor
- A Medical Technologist, MT (bachelor of science degree), who is American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) board certified, who serves as the Laboratory Manager
- Three MT’s, (ASCP) board certified
- Two MT’s
- One Medical Laboratory Technician
- One phlebotomist/computer administrative assistant
For more information about tests that have been ordered by your physician, go to www.labtestsonline.org